The forthcoming weeklong seminar for "Cultural Diplomacy in Europe: A Forum for Young Leaders" (CDE) will take place in Berlin, on July 4th – 10th, 2011. In addition to looking in greater detail at the history and development of cultural diplomacy, the next CDE Weeklong Seminar will focus in particular on the following theme "The EU as a Global Actor – From the Inside Out: The Internal Development of the European Union and its Future Role in an Interdependent World".
Cultural Diplomacy in Europe: A Forum for Young Leaders (CDE) is a network of young, influential people from across the world, who have an interest in exploring and strengthening relations between European States. The program is based on the recognition that the increasing economic and political integration of the European Union must be accompanied by sustained activity to ensure that public opinion and relations between individual member states, and between member-states and non members states, remain positive and constructive at the grass roots level.
Individuals can join the CDE Forum by taking part in one of the CDE Weeklong Seminars, which are held in Berlin every 4 months. Each CDE Weeklong Seminar will be focused on a specific theme related to Europe and the goals of the Forum. These Weeklong Seminars include lectures, seminars, and workshops lead by experts from the fields of politics, academia, and civil society, as well as cultural and social activities and provides an opportunity to network and experience Berlin.
Once they have joined the CDE Forum, members are supported by the ICD in organizing leadership initiatives, conducting academic research, and are invited to join the ICD Online Forum - enabling them to share information and communicate with likeminded individuals across the world.
Joining 2011 Forum
The program is open to applications from young professionals, students and scholars, civil society practitioners, private sector representatives, journalists, and other interested stakeholders from across the world. If you would like to be considered for a place in the Weeklong Seminar please complete the online application form.
The participation cost for the program is 195 Euros. If offered a place in the program, applicants are then required to transfer the participation cost to reserve their position.The ICD is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization and the Participation Cost goes towards the cost of developing and running the program.
The participation cost for the program includes:
- Program Components - Participation in all Programs' Components and Certification of Participation
- Berlin Excursions - Cultural and Social Excursions such as sightseeing, Guided Tours and visits to key Cultural Institutes and Exhibitions
- ICD House services - Free use of Wireless Internet at the ICD House, Information and Support Center and Cloak Room
- Refreshments - Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Water and Light Refreshments (Served throughout the day at the ICD House)
- Social Activities - Evening Social Activities such as Concerts and Live Performances, Film Evenings, Embassy Receptions, and Party Nights across Berlin.
As a not-for-profit organization the ICD is able to book accommodation for your time in Berlin at sponsored rates. For example, we are able to book accommodation for participants in the hotel "Motel One" Berlin, a short distance from the ICD conference facilities.
The ICD is able to book this accommodation for the following sponsored rates:
1. Single Room: 59 Euros per night, including breakfast.
2. Double Room (to be shared with another participant): 37 Euros per night, including breakfast.
To read more and apply, please visit: http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/cde/index.php?en_about-cde
All questions and comments regarding this event are to be adressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org