Second Ukrainian Winter School 2010 “WINTER GOES ON!”, February 15-26, 2010
Fee: 249 Euros for two weeks
Deadline: February 10, 2010
Eligibility: all interested
The 2-week Ukrainian intensive course is created according to ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe) requirements and has communicative orientation. It mixes the language learning with unique Ukrainian cultural traditions, folk and modern songs, games, dishes, and so on. You will have the time to visit most interesting places in Lviv (National Art Gallery, Opera Theatre, ancient mountain High Castle, Open Air Museum…).
There are groups (up to 5 students) due to three levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. The entry test helps to check your knowledge. The study program is flexible depending on student level and wishes as well. It includes developing your oral, writing, reading and listening skills.
You can choose an appropriate accommodation for you. The organizers cooperate with some hosting Ukrainian families for quite a long time and have good opinions from the students who lived there. Practically all the family apartments are in the very center of city, about 5-30 minutes to the teaching place on foot. You will have a separate room. A simple breakfast is included in the accommodation fee. The sum about 9-11 EURO is normal for one night in Lviv in a hosting family.
The Ukrainian intensive course fee for two weeks is 249 Euros. It can be paid upon arrival.
The school fee includes:
• study process, tutorials
• hand-outs and a certificate
• introduction to Lviv excursion
• a “survival file” (Lviv map, useful information, a program, a notebook, a pen etc)
• coffee breaks
Why in Lviv? — Because Lviv is:
• ancient and the most interesting Ukrainian city for tourists
• really Ukrainian speaking city
• located not far from the west Ukrainian border
• not an expensive city
• has unique multicultural traditions: combines the Ukrainian, Polish, Austrian, Germans, Armenians, Jewish and others cultures
• modern and progressive city with up-to-date shops, restaurants, cafés, theaters, cinemas, universities…
Not yet convinced? Try it yourself!
The deadline is February, 10, 2010. The number of students is limited. Late applications may be accepted but it’s better to book early.
Please, send any questions and your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact cell: +38 068 504 43 20.