All interested and qualified persons are invited to apply for the International Youth Meeting “Fighting Against Racism and : Shared Agenda for Shared Future” to be organised on 20-26 April, 2010 in Georgia by Union “21 Century”.
The central focus of the meeting will be around the current needs and challenges which young people face nowadays in terms of the intolerance and racial discrimination and the perspectives lead by/for young people in this field. The meeting will give the space for a wide exchange of different visions, approaches, experiences, intercultural backgrounds and the meeting will try to come out with concrete outcomes, joint actions and shared vision on what has to be done for addressing the racism and discrimination at different levels.
The meeting will bring together 25 young people representing the Council of Europe member states. Young people will represent organisations and/or religious communities. They must have experience in the field of hate motivated violence, anti-racism and anti-discrimination activities, etc.
The requirements for participation are:
• Working experience on human rights issues, priority will be given those working on the problem of hate crimes, anti-racism and anti-discrimination projects.
• Be active at their local/national and/or international level;
• Be highly motivated to participate and contribute to the meeting and be prepared to represent the activities
and the work of their representing organisations/structures/ communities to the participants of this meeting;
• Aged between 18 and 30 (exceptions could be made based on justification). There will be 25 participants coming from the different CoE member countries;
• Be available and committed fully to attend the meeting;
• Good level of English is requested in order to participate actively in the meeting;
Application procedure and technical information:
- In order to apply candidates must complete and send back the application form
- The deadline to send the completed form to the Union “21 Century” is 10 March 2010
Selected candidates will be contacted by the 15 of March, 2010 and they will receive the convention information packs.
Working language: English is working language of the meeting.
Accommodation: Board and lodging will be provided by the Union “21 Century” for the whole duration of the meeting in Georgia.
Venue: Bakuriani, Georgia (Exact location will be shared with acceptance and invitation letters)
Dates: Arrival day will be Thursday – 20 April 2010. Departure day will be Monday – 26 April 2010.
Travel expenses and cost for visas: Upon presentation of the relevant receipts. Be aware that the organization gives a reimbursement of the cheapest travel costs, agreed before with the organisation. Travel expenses are reimbursed up to 70% of the total cost and visa costs are fully reimbursed (upon presentation of the relevant receipts) according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Only participants who attend more than 80% of the convention will be reimbursed.
There is no enrolment fee for the participation in this event.
To obtain application form, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.