Saint Petersburg Youth International Economic Forum is the flagship event where talented future global leaders engage in both public discussion and development of Russia’s key modernization projects. The Forum was founded in 2010. The next Youth International Economic Forum will take place on June 15-17 in Saint Petersburg, Russia and it overlaps and is integrated with the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum on June 16-18. The overarching goal this year is to start breaking down the very last “walls” on the way to a truly open and global Russia.
If you are a leader in the field of business/politics/science/sports and you are 18-30 years old, you can become a part of the Russian Davos for young global leaders.
There are many participation benefits -- YOU CAN:
1. make a difference: discuss & guide the development of key modernization projects in Russia
2. meet world leaders
3. take part in the Russian Davos - St.Petersburg International Economic Forum (www.forumspb.com) It's integrated with the YIEF 2011
4. visit St. Petersburg, Russian cultural heart. LODGING &; TRAVEL EXPENSES ARE COVERED.
The main objective of the Forum is to ensure productive and creative interaction between its participants, offline and online. Communication productivity is ensured by professional facilitators and group dynamics specialists.
The Forum’s participants include current and future global leaders in the field of business/entrepreneurship/management, politics/government/NGOs, science/academia, and sports. Overall, this year’s Forum is welcoming 100 participants: 50 leaders from Russia and 50 international leaders. The Forum’s working language is English.
In 2011 the Forum’s participants will pursue 4 goals:
1. to discuss Russia's key modernization projects, offline and online
2. to solicit meaningful recommendations to improve these projects by capitalizing on global and multidisciplinary expertise and experience
3. to implement the Forum’s recommendations
4. (overarching goal) to realize and break down institutional and perceptional obstacles/“walls” to Russia’s openness and growth by participating in the previous steps (1-3)
Please apply as soon as possible because the application period is short. Application deadline is May, 10. You can apply online by submitting the following:
- website application form (you are encouraged/welcome to log in through Facebook),
- resume/CV (in English),
- essay explaining why you consider one of the topics of the Forum important and showing your interest/knowledge/experience in it (in English, no longer than 2000 words, or video no longer than 7 min, or *.ppt presentation no longer than 10 slides).
Please follow the instructions on the website.
If you feel you qualify to be an expert/speaker at the Forum, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no “perfect” application. Keeping that in mind, here is our “perfect” applicant picture: a leader in the field of business / entrepreneurship / management, politics / government / NGOs, science / academia, or sports who is young (between 18 and 30 years old) and possess great potential to shape the future. Someone who is global, successful, constructive / creative, and open with a strong desire to create value for society, and willing to self-develop, plus – someone who speaks English fluently. Participants will be selected based on these criteria, personal motivation, and knowledge/experience/interest in the chosen topic of the forum demonstrated in the essay.
Scholarships and Costs
Selected participants are provided with the following:
- economy class airfare to and from St. Petersburg (indirect flights with no more than 1 layover); -
comfortable lodging in St. Petersburg during the YIEF;
- airport transfer in St. Petersburg;
- access to the SPIEF (with certain minor restrictions TBD).